- 1 1/4 cups red adzuki bean
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Cover beans in cold water and soak uncovered, overnight.
2. Drain, put in a medium saucepan and cover in 5 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
3. Drain and puree with a hand blender or in a food processor.
4. Press through a metal sieve. *This is extremly time consuming. Keep doing this till you've gotten all the skins off*.
5. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pureed beans and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to cool.
7. After it's cooled store in an air-tight container cause this can dry out easily.
See I said it takes alot of work, but the taste is worth the work :)